Monday, December 21, 2009

Peanut Butter Fudge


I found this recipe one year while reading a cooking magazine. It was simple and quick. Once I tasted this fudge, I knew it was a keeper. When I want to give something special for Christmas I make a few batches of this and box it up in a pound candy box (with a knife) and a nice bow. If you like peanut butter (like me!), then this is truly decadent!

The Recipe:

2 Cups sugar
1/2 Cup milk (I use skim)
1-1/3 Cup creamy peanut butter (I only use Jif)
1 jar (7oz) marshmallow creme (believe it or not, Walmart brand is the best!)

In a saucepan, bring sugar and milk to a boil; boil for 3 minutes.


Beginning to boil


                                                                       2 minutes



3 minutes



Add peanut butter & marshmallow creme. Mix well until creamy smooth. Quickly pour into a buttered 8" square pan.  * I like to line the dish with foil and then I butter the foil. It's much easier to get out of the pan and easier to cut this way.
Let pan chill until set. Cut into blocks or squares.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails