This recipe is from a friend I met in Northeast PA many years ago. Back then, computers were getting fancy, so blogs were not as popular. Having family recipes put into book form was. My friend Lisa compiled recipes from brothers, sister, mom and grandma and created The LaFrance Collection. Many good recipes in this book, but one that I make the most often is this pork roast. It is perfect for a special family meal or to serve at a dinner party. Very, very good.
The recipe:
4-5 lb. boneless center cut pork roast
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. chili powder (divided)
1/2 C. apple jelly
1/2 C. ketchup
1 Tbsp. vinegar
Preheat oven to 325'. Place pork, fat side up on roasting rack in large pan. Combine salt, garlic salt and 1/2 tsp. chili powder and rub into roast. Cook in oven for 2-2 1/2 hours, or until done. In small saucepan, combine jelly, ketchup (I use only Heinz brand), vinegar ( I use apple cider vinegar) and remaining 1/2 tsp. chili powder. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 2 minutes. Pour mixture over the top of the cooked roast and cook additional 5 minutes.
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment